HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2011, 05:54 PM   #17
Jean
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,154
Re: TCH Revisited

New Survivor: How beautiful your Mother's words are. We have all cried at one time or another during our journey..I remember when first dx I could not or would not cry as I had to be brave for my husband and son who when they heard the news turned pale. I saw the fear in their eyes for me. After my surgery and finding out I was Her2 I had a good hard cry. Felt good! At that time early stage patients were no t being treated with Herceptin. It only added to the frustration of the dx. to learn that one had to fight for the best treatment.

THC is pretty much the Gold Standard of treatment now. The herceptin part of your treatment will so much easier. Each one is different but for the most part one can expect the fatigue. It is important to eat a good source of high protein. Keep your flushing your system with water after treatment. Try to eat yogurt to keep your system in check (I never had a problem with thrush.
I also would have treatment on Thur. I woiuld be fine on Fri. - Sat. Sun were down days but try to walk even if it is just to your own mailbox. I also found that warm soaking baths were helpful for the joints and aches. I would even
put a heating pad on legs to relieve the muscle aches.

What is most important is - here I am 6.5 yrs. later and I look back on treatment and am thankful. You will too! Before you know it you will be posting your one out from treatment and looking back saying wow I really did it. Just keep looking ahead and know that you are doing all you can and you will make it through treatment.

Wishing you all the best.
Jean
__________________
Stage 1, Grade 1, 3/30/05
Lumpectomy 4/15/05 - 6MM IDC
Node Neg. (Sentinel node)
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:44 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter