HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-08-2011, 11:55 AM   #2
snolan
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: El Paso ,Tx
Posts: 436
Re: Any Arm Port Info?

All ports stick out because they are right under the skin, mine is in my chest and looks like a gumball. I haven't used any numbing cream the poke didn't bother me but everyone is different when it comes to needle sticks. It hasn't caused any pain with treatment, but it occasionally bothers me when I have my seatbelt on or a tight bra. My dog likes to rest his head on it so I have learned to watch out for that I had mine in for a year so I guess I have gotten used to it, I get it taken out tomorrow. Going to ask Dr if I can keep it for scrape book.

It's like gettting glasses, at first you notice them a lot then over time they just become part of you. Pretty soon you won't even give it a second thought (until you hit it on something).
Good Luck with your treatments.
Suzanne
__________________
dx: DCIS 6/8/10, HER 2+ 7/26/10; Stage I Age 41
Double mast w reconstruction
6 TCH w 1yr herceptin
Tamox.
25 radiation tx
Removal of expander on L due to infection. Tried to save it had 3 bouts of antibiotics and went to see plastic surgeon 2-3x wk to get drained. Saving it was my idea not his. But lost it anyway.
Reconstruction set for December 21st,2011
Finished chemo 12/2010
Finished Herceptin 8/26/11
Reconstruction 12/21/11
Expanders exchanged for silicon 3/19/12
Nipple reconstruction 5/18/12
Nipple tatooing- 7/9/12- All done yay!
11/22/12-Went back to get scar tissue stretched to even the outside of breast, didn't work due to it being radiated skin.
snolan is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter