HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-13-2011, 11:31 AM   #3
ElaineM
Senior Member
 
ElaineM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,142
Wink Re: GEMZAR...any tips from those who have had it?

First of all here are some links about Decadron, including the positive and negative information about Decadron.
http://www.drugs.com/pro/decadron.html
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/688248
http://organizedwisdom.com/Dexamethasone
We need to remember that every drug has a positive side and a negative side since every drug, including those meant to prevent various side effects can have side effects of its own. We just have to weigh the pros and cons of everything we take.
Every time a medical professional wants to prescribe Decadron to me I refuse. Their usual excuse is to prevent nausea, so I tell them to prescribe a big bottle of anti nausea pills and forget the Decadron. I always get the pills, but I have never used any of them. It is nice to have "insurance" at home in case I need it. Ginger also works for nausea. Smile.
I also refuse Benedryl.
There are also alternatives for fluid build up and whatever else Benedryl and Decadron are supposed to do. All you have to do is ask your doctors what they are or do a search on the internet.
Good luck with the Gemzar. I really, really hope it works for you. Take care.
__________________
Peace,
ElaineM
12 years and counting
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48247
Lucky 13 !! I hope so !!!!!!
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52807
14 Year Survivor
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57053
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." author unknown
Shared by a multiple myeloma survivor.
ElaineM is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter