HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2011, 03:57 AM   #1
msleslie
Senior Member
 
msleslie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Posts: 120
Re: Did chemo put you into menopause?

At age 39, my last period occurred Aug. 19, 2010 which was also the date of my 1st chemo. I completed chemo Dec. 2010. I had the LH and FSH testing done and have been informed that I'm post menopausal and my cycle will not return. My numbers were FSH=136 & LH=57.8. WooHoo!Additionally, I have a family history of early menopause. I showed signs of being in menopause prior to chemo such as hot flashes. I pray that I'm truly done because I don't desire to have additional children and I'm enjoying not having to deal with a monthly cycle.
__________________
6/14/2010 - Self discovered Lump; Age 39
6/24/2010 - Biopsy results confirm breast cancer
Right breast, invasive ductal adenocarcinoma
HER2neu positive, BRAC I & II negative
7/8/2010 - Lumpectomy right breast, sentinel lymph node biopsy, & port-a-cath installed on left
Stage II, Size 3.2cm, Clear Nodes, Clear Margins
8/19/2010 - Chemo begins - Taxotere, Carboplatin, Herceptin & Tykerb all simulanteously; ALTTO trial arm 4
9/9/2010 - Chemo dose #2
9/30/2010 - Chemo dose#3
10/21/2010 - Chemo dose#4
11/11/2010 - Chemo dose#5
12/02/1010 - Chemo dose #6 - WooHoo, it is complete!
12/14/2010 - Simulation & Planning session for radiation
02/18/2011 - Completed radiation treatment (33 rounds)
08/04/2011 - Completed Herceptin & Tykerb
09/30/2013 - ultrasound guided biopsy (following annual MRI)
10/1/2013 - new cancer in left breast. 6mm discovered via MRI
10/28/2013 - bilateral mastectomy - no reconstruction
msleslie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:20 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter