HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-10-2011, 12:56 PM   #7
ammebarb
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Posts: 508
Re: One Year Ago Today At 3:15 P.M.

Hi KDR. Love that you are in a good place about your cancer. I was an absolute mess for a long, long time. Every year on my anniversary date, I felt low, cried, remembered every horrid detail. Then one year I realized that it was time to "turn my head around". I was sick of giving this #%^& disease any additional negative power over me. It had taken enough! I started to think, with gratitude, that I'm still here. I'm capable of loving my family, my kindergarteners (former teacher). I'm living! This Nov. 1st, it will be 28 years since my diagnosis---and I have to be glad that I didn't use all those anniversary dates and the time in between to dwell on cancer.

Congratulations to you KDR! Here's to many, many more anniversary dates!

Barb A.
ammebarb is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:52 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter