HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-26-2011, 05:42 AM   #13
laureen
Senior Member
 
laureen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 58
Re: Just started Herceptin, worried about effects on heart.

Herceptin gave me the hope to start my journey of being a mom. Read my signature. The side effects are usually minimal. I have even been thinking if I could go back on it, as a preventative every fews years. I will be 5 years out in august. I know you just want to be done. Trust me I get it. See if you can get herceptin every three weeks instead of every week. The time will go much faster that way. Your docs will watch your heart. I wanted a second opinion, so I went to a cardiologist and was told I had nothing to worry about, that my diet and undesirable lifestyle choices put me more at risk of hurting my heart then herceptin. I had A/C too, which is a double whammy to the heart. You and your heart, physically and emotionally can do this.
__________________
Laureen (laurie)
Diagnosed 8/10/06 (found own lump)at 35

Her 2 +++, er-/pr-
4 A/C 8-29-06 to 11-06
Lumpectomy, node dissection- 11/30/06
Pathology report stage IIIC
1 tumor 3 cm
10 of 15 nodes +
12 Taxol 12/18/06-03/06/07
Herceptin 12/18/06- 12/11/2007 done!!! yeah!!!
33 rads started 3/22/07, done!! yeah!! 5/07/07
Lymphedema diagnosed 2/1/07
BRCA1/BRCA2 negative
port out 1/10/08
pregnant after 6 yeas of trying- due mid feb.
Ryder David born Feb. 6th 2009
Pregnant with baby #2, due in early june 2011.

*reach to recovery volunteer
*survivor recruitment committee -relay for life
*imerman angels
*making strides- team courage
*livestrong
*young survivor coalition YSC

laureen is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:47 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter