HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-02-2011, 01:37 PM   #5
Linda
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 143
Re: Surgery Stories

Hi Ginny:
I had the same sequence of treatment, so you go into surgery already being tired from chemo, and then you head into rads. I can tell you though, surgery and rads are really easy compared to chemo and you will just feel better and better. Lump/SNB is not a difficult surgery (I had a re exision also, which is very common, and also not a big deal.) It's not nothing, but on the scale of surgeries this is very mild. Also, cosmetic results are usually very good.
The main advice I have is to begin stretching right afterwards -- follow the exercises they give you and then work slowly and gradually (you will probably be too tired to do much else) into a regular exercise routine. Don't expect not to have any change of sensation (numbness, etc) in the surgery site, but it should be very small.
Good luck. Congrats on getting this far! Just follow your surgeon's instructions on prepping for surgery and try to relax (listen to music, do imaging, have a massage, etc.)
The hardest part is over. Good luck.
Linda
PS. My surgery was over 5 years ago! I'm doing great.
Linda is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter