HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-30-2011, 04:32 AM   #4
Nina
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: South Jersey
Posts: 22
Re: AIs and depression

Thanks for your replies. I don't know about ovarian ablation, but I have been post-meno for about 5 or 6 years so I don't know if that would apply to me. As to Tamoxifen, because of a history of blood clots (including one during chemo) I am presently on warfarin and would have to stay on it during the entire five years of therapy because of the increased risk of clots over AIs. There are so many things that have to be considered. Also, I gained a significant amount of weight during chemo and on the AI and could not exercise due to the pain while on the AI. Right now having been off for only two weeks, I have lost 11 pds and have resumed an exercise program. I sure would like to have a quality of life for whatever life I have left. Has anyone just skipped the hormones and relied on the Herceptin and a good diet and exercise to get them them through?
__________________
Routine mammo 1/8/10
Ultrasound 1/22/10
Biopsy 2/2/10 - IDC, 2 cm, ER+, PR+, HER2 3+, Grade 3 (8/9)
Liver MRI (for other reason) on 2/12/10 clear - no mets
PET scan 3/5/10 - arm pit lymph nodes "lit up", no other areas of concern other than breast tumor
Lumpectomy 3/10 - tumor and all lymph nodes on left side removed
Pathology report results 3/19 show only 2 of 23 nodes removed were malignant, tumor margins were positive - additional surgery required
Second surgery 3/31/10
Pathology results 4/13/10- all margins clear
Stage 2a bc
Started TCH 4/30/10- finished 8/12/10 (2 more weeks of Herceptin to go)
9/2/10 - started Herceptin every three weeks
PET scan 9/18-10 - all well except shadowy area in lung
Started radiation 9/7/10 - finished 10/21/10
Aromasin started 11/1/10 (hate it!)
PET scan 12/13 area in lung is smaller - probably just inflamation
Aromasin stopped 1/14/11 due to side effects
Currently on AI holiday
Nina is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:30 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter