HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-19-2011, 06:37 AM   #4
Colleen007
Senior Member
 
Colleen007's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Franklin, MA
Posts: 131
Re: Calling all stage iv sisters

Passed my 5 year Stage IV mark in October (originally diagnosed at Stage IV with mets to bone and liver). And am thankful that I am HER2+ as I think that has given me many more treatment options (many of which I haven't tried...yet). According to my oncologist, there are still many things in the pipeline to try and I plan to be here for many more years!

Pam - My oncologist used to run the 27-29 and the 15-3 which I'm told are pretty similar. They now only run the 15-3 so I'm not even sure what the range is anymore for the 27-29. She wouldn't change treatment just based on tumor markers...when mine have been elevated, I get sent for a scan and any changes would be based on the scan results. Hope this helps.
__________________
Diagnosed 10-03-2005 (34 wks pregnant, 38 yrs old)
Lumpectomy Nov-2005. 10/18 Lymph Nodes impacted
Mets to liver, spine & femurs (thus being stage IV right from the get-go)
ER-, PR-, HER2+
Taxol/Herceptin/Zometa started Dec-2005. 11 cycles of Taxol.
Sept-2006: PET/CT scan of mets to liver, spine and femurs - Stable. Activity in R breast & mediastinum (not seen in prior scans).
Navelbine (3 wks on/1 wk off) as of Oct--2006 & continued Herceptin (every 3 wks) & Zometa (every 6 wks)
Jan-2007: PET/CT Scan - Stable. Continued Nav. through March-2007, then Herc./Zom. only after that.
June-2007: PET/CT Scan - activity in mediastinum. Back on Navelbine as of July-2007.
Scanned Quarterly since Oct-2007 - a few small scares, but otherwise stable due to continuing weekly Navelbine, Herceptin and Quarterly Zometa.
Colleen007 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:59 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter