HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-24-2010, 06:39 AM   #1
Mary L
Senior Member
 
Mary L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: PA
Posts: 297
Red face Re: Need your input about treatment

Hi Joan, I am concerned also. I see my onc Jan 3rd and will be having ct scans on chest, abd and pelvis. I don't usually get a brain ct. I am ned for 3 years in Oct 2010. I feel very nervous this time. I am metastatic stage IIIB. When my cancer returned 9 months after my original treatment it was very agressive skin mets to the site where my breast was removed. It came back 3 other times when I had to stop Herceptin because my muga tests showed that my ejection fraction was down. I am going to ask him that even if my scans are clean would it be beneficial to go back on Herceptin for awhile. I am so fortunate to have survived 7 years with IBC stage IIIB. I never feel "safe". We can compare notes after our tests are done. Best wishes and Happy Holiday!!!!! Mary L
__________________
Mary L from PA Diag: Oct 2003 w/6mm mass, IDC grade III ductal carcinoma in-situ, IBC stage IIIB. tx A/C followed by Taxotere(only able to have 2 tx, allergic), mastectomy, 3 0ut of 7 positive nodes. 35 rads. Recurrence 9 months later, skin mets to mastectomy site. Tx Carboplatin/Herceptin. Stayed on Herceptin almost 5 years, had 3 more recurrences when I had to stop Herceptin due to my ejection fraction getting too low. Herceptin stopped and ned 3 years in Oct. 2010.
Mary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:33 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter