HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-18-2010, 01:02 AM   #6
Chelee
Senior Member
 
Chelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern, CA
Posts: 2,511
Re: anyone on navelbine / herceptin?

I did 5 months of Navelbine/Herceptin. It is tolerable although like Tricia I had a few problems with it. The first 3 days after infusion I would wake up almost exactly at 4:00 AM with a rapid heart beat and could hear this loud pounding of my heart in my ears. My counts would tank quickly so I was on neupogen injections the first 3 days after each infusion of Navelbine. (So I didn't know if it was the Neupogen or Navelbine causing the problem?) Then when Tricia mentioned the same SE's I now think it was the Navelbine. I also had bad jaw pain which I see can be one of the rare side affects. (Lucky me.)

But I stuck it out for the five months and it did do a good job on my axilla nodes and bone mets remained stable on it. My hair thinned out quite a bit but I still had hair on my head. Major constipation problem...worse I have every experienced. But there are ways to manage that. Had I not had the rapid heart beat and loud pounding in my ears early in the morning...I'd say it's a really easy chemo regimen to be on. Most don't have the problems Tricia and I had. I felt pretty good all things considered on it. You asked about a port. I think you have to have a port for Navelbine or they won't give it to you. It's one chemo that is really hard on the veins. All and all its a good combo to be on and does a good job for most ppl.

Chelee
__________________
DX: 12-20-05 - Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu, 3+++,Er & Pr weakly positive, 5 of 16 pos nodes.
Rt. MRM on 1-3-06 -- No Rads due to compromised lungs.
Chemo started 2-7-06 -- TCH - - Finished 6-12-06
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Tags
herceptin, navelbine

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter