HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-28-2010, 01:29 PM   #5
Lien
Senior Member
 
Lien's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Haarlem, the Netherlands
Posts: 835
Re: what scans?

Why do you think the fatigue could be a symptom of a recurrence? Do you have any other symptoms? Pain? Lumps? Headaches? Cough? If you don't have any other symptoms, I'd rule out other causes first. Like the ones Jackie mentioned.

If there's reason to look further, you could ask for a CT scan, a Pet scan or an MRI. Depending on what they find during the first round of tests.

In my experience it helps to exaggerate the symptoms a bit, so you get the diagnostic tests you want. About 6 months ago I had a small lump on my non-bc side and wanted it checked. The doctor wanted to wait and see. So when I came back after six weeks, I said it itched sometimes and that I felt it had grown. (it did itch once or twice) So I got a mammo and ultrasound and nothing was found. It was probably caused by hormonal changes. I stopped the Zoladex shots and Arimidex, and my periods returned. I was worried about that too, so I wanted to be checked thoroughly. I'm glad I persevered.

I live in the Netherlands, where doctors don't like to do unnecessary tests, so I guess things should be a bit similar on the NHS.

Hope this helps a little.

Jacqueline
__________________
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter