HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-02-2010, 05:08 PM   #7
Rich66
Senior Member
 
Rich66's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: South East Wisconsin
Posts: 3,431
Re: Data in on benefits of preventative surgeries for some...

I guess I was wondering whether with such a smaller amount getting the surgery, comparing percentages might be skewed. Another factor might be whether those that pursue surgery are more proactive on other fronts, healthwise.
But..I imagine in any organ specific cancer, removal of the organ pretty much removes that cancer risk.
I looked at the JAMA article and it didn't seem to footnote risk reduction of prophylactic mastectomy in non-BRCA types. Is it around 7%?
In one of those glass half empty/full analyses, the BRCA tag actually doesn't seem as damning as it might seem.
__________________

Mom's treatment history (link)
Rich66 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter