HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Diet and Nutrition
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Diet and Nutrition By popular demand our nutritional message board. This board will be monitored by a Registered RD who is certified in oncology by the American Dietetic Association

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-01-2010, 08:10 PM   #6
TanyaRD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 358
Re: New US Obesity Numbers

AA,
I am sorry it has taken me a couple of days to respond. To be honest, I find your question difficult to answer because there is no straight forward, easy answer. Unfortunately, the causes of overweight and obesity remain mysterious in some people. I know from past conversations that you have tried higher caloric diets (I normally wouldn't recommend 1000 or less due to decreased metabolism) and they have produced weight gain despite exercise. Post-chemotherapy for breast cancer happens to be one of the "mysterious" groups struggling with weight issues. The reason remains unknown at this point and I can't even say I see an answer in the near future. As we have discussed before survivorship care for breast cancer survivors will remain incomplete without the input of endocrinology which clearly plays a significant role in hormone sensitive breast cancers.

Getting to your questions regarding exercise interruptions...you can't stop them. Interruptions happen to everyone-both diet and exercise. If you are able to do a little extra when you feel better I believe it will benefit you, however, if it ends up making you too sore to exercise the next day then you are behind the eight ball again. A couple of questions come to mind in reading you scenario. One is regarding the vertigo--it is not a blood sugar/hypoglycemia issue vs vertigo? Following a very low calorie/low-mod low carbohydrate diet places you at increased risk for hypoglycemia so just want to be sure that is not the case (difficult to assess over the internet so please don't be offended if it is clearly not hypoglycemia). Secondly, how often do you change up your diet/exercise routine? I question whether there would be benefit to trying some interval training and increasing calories for a short period of time to see if that helps to jump-start weight loss.
TanyaRD is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:05 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter