HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-13-2010, 09:58 PM   #1
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Results of phase II trial of pertuzumab+herceptin in Stage IV patients who progre

Dear Lani,
Both T-DM1 and PERTUZUMAB are large mollecules, which do not cross the brain blood barrier. We all know that cancer is opportunistic; it is my opinion that until another drug that does cross the brain blood barrier is added to the above combo or even just T-DM1 alone, one is just playing "russian roulet" with their brain...! There seem to be an also an issue of "severe liver enzimes elevation", and other desease progressions, other severe metastases, etc. All we have to do is think of "Irene" from Tampa, and "Vickyh".....[as just two that I have noted].
In my case, I have done well with T-DM1 alone, [not NED], healing all over and stable in bone areas, my tumor markers had dropped to 27. Novertheless PERTUZUMAB was added to my protocol [I was told "you will be droped from the Study if you refuse to add PERTUZUMAB to the T-DM1 !...] Pertuzumab was added, and it nearly distroyed me, a total disaster.....within a month I developed brain metastases....Now, after a series of Cyberknife treatments I am scrambling to find something new to keep me alive.....Is it not time to start a discussion on PERTUZUMAB combination with T-DM1 tragic results, as well as good results/if any? Not just the "fabulous" results in other PERTUZUMAB subtrials such as the above?
You appear very informed, in all facets of breast cancer, studies, studies results, etc. How about you starting a true and honest discussions on the above drugs combo. Angela
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 02:38 AM   #2
Lani
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 4,783
Re: Results of phase II trial of pertuzumab+herceptin in Stage IV patients who progre

I am currently travelling, but have taken your request to heart. I am hoping to

(but not sure I can) attend both the AACR annual meeting and the ASCO annual

meeting and will try to talk with poster presenters as possible. Drug

companies are usually very tight lipped about problems, but the young

researchers who present posters are often much more communicative.

Drug companies are required to do post-marketing surveillance to follow the

number of people with side effects AFTER the drug is approved. During the

Trials phase they know any adverse news will negatively affect their stock

price and it seems there are few interval reports. I don't know what the

rules/laws are on reporting adverse effects in trials. I will see if I can find out during one of these meetings.
Lani is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:29 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter