HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2010, 12:57 AM   #1
Chelee
Senior Member
 
Chelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern, CA
Posts: 2,511
Re: Only "slight" decrease on PET....is it time

Rich, Exactly...that's what I've been told. Things have changed. So many women I know of "online" told me they did have rads while on an AI...and others said no. Seems to be up to the person's onc. When I talked to my radiation onc...he said I could be on an AI...it was no problem. So lets see what my onc says this Monday when I tell her the Rads Onc said it was ok to be on an AI. I wish they would all get on the same page...it is beyond frustrating to patients like myself.

Chelee
__________________
DX: 12-20-05 - Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu, 3+++,Er & Pr weakly positive, 5 of 16 pos nodes.
Rt. MRM on 1-3-06 -- No Rads due to compromised lungs.
Chemo started 2-7-06 -- TCH - - Finished 6-12-06
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 01:22 AM   #2
Chelee
Senior Member
 
Chelee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Southern, CA
Posts: 2,511
Re: Only "slight" decrease on PET....is it time

Rich, You make a good point to my first question about changing chemo combo's. I'm not clear yet about the mentioned "increase". It does not say for sure it's cancer. As to my femur the PET doesn't say anything about it other then mentioning there was interval internal fixation of right femur. I'll have to see what my onc says. The PET did not mention any activity on right femur so that is a good thing.

As to the dosing intervals for Navelbine...my onc started me out at the regular dose but since my counts tanked she decreased my dose each wk to almost nothing. I wasn't happy with her when I found that out. She could of been giving me Neupogen right away versas decreasing my dose of Navelbine. I started out wkly on Navy beans...then because she left for a "month" she changed my schedule to every 2 wks while she was away. So I can't help but wonder if I would of had better results had she not reduced my dose 3 wks in a row?!

That's why I'm still hoping some stage IV gals might weight in here. How long before you should see a good decrease in all area's? Is two months long enough or not? I'll make sure we stay on the full dose of Navelbine this time. No more short changing me.

Chelee
__________________
DX: 12-20-05 - Stage IIIA, Her2/Neu, 3+++,Er & Pr weakly positive, 5 of 16 pos nodes.
Rt. MRM on 1-3-06 -- No Rads due to compromised lungs.
Chemo started 2-7-06 -- TCH - - Finished 6-12-06
Finished yr of wkly herceptin 3-19-07
3-15-07 Lt side prophylactic simple mastectomy. -- Ooph 4-05-07
9-21-09 PET/CT "Recurrence" to Rt. axllia, Rt. femur, ilium. Possible Sacrum & liver? Now stage IV.
9-28-09 Loading dose of Herceptin & started Zometa
9-29-09 Power Port Placement
10-24-09 Mass 6.4 x 4.7 cm on Rt. femur head.
11-19-09 RT. Femur surgery - Rod placed
12-7-09 Navelbine added to Herceptin/Zometa.
3-23-10 Ten days of rads to RT femur. Completed.
4-05-10 Quit Navelbine--Herceptin/Zometa alone.
5-4-10 Appt. with Dr. Slamon to see what is next? Waiting on FISH results from femur biopsy.
Results to FISH was unsuccessful--this happens less then 2% of the time.
7-7-10 Recurrence to RT axilla again. Back to UCLA for options.
Chelee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2010, 04:14 AM   #3
Adriana Mangus
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: California
Posts: 668
Re: Only "slight" decrease on PET....is it time

Dear Cheele,

I was on navelbine a least twice and it did work for me. It brought me down to NED, both times.

My oncologist said that as long as the numbers + pet scan were stable he was going to continue the navelbine. I agreed.

The number (tumor marker), alone is not sufficient information to make a sound decision, especially in your situation. I sense urgency and anxiety in your postings, you need to sit down with your oncologist and review your records.

For example; how long did you stay on in your last chemo, did your tumor marker number change? how long after the last chemo combo you had, did the number change? What about the Pet-Scan? Do the numbers, low or high, relate to the pet scan results? These type of questions you need to discuss with your oncologist.

I've had anxiety periods in which I don't know what to believe, --am sure you understand,- - so please remember you are not alone, I do understand what you are going through. Have confidence you will find the right treatment to fit your specific medical needs.

Much Love,

Adriana
__________________
1994 - rt brst, .lump, underarm node dissection,chemo+rad 1.2 cms, Grade 3.
28 nodes neg
Er,Pr, Positive HER2 status unknown
2003- Recur to rt lung.July 16 ( B-Day!)
Her2+++ Er,Pr, Negative
2003 - Aug04--Navelbine + Herceptin
2004- 2007--
NED - Herceptin, only
2007 Feb-April Xeloda added to hereceptin
2007-May Back on Navelbine+Herceptin
2008-Feb-Mar 15 Ses Rad to Rt. Lung
2008- Oc 17 Add Tykerb to Herceptin
2009- June-- Discont Tykerb
2009 July 7--Current Taxol + Herceptin
2009 Dec--Discontinued treatment due to progression. Looking into cyberknife.
2010-Aug Accepted to TDM1, no SE, except liver count went up.
2010-2011 September got kicked out of the trial, due to a small spot found on lung.
2011- 2012 September thru early 2013 on Herceptin
2013- March Bone density shows small spot on 5th rib.
2013 - April 4th appt with onc. will post after discussing course of treatment.
2013-March-April Cyber knife to brain and radiation to rib. Chest --base line before chemo-CT-Scan stable for lung issue. CA2729 Normal.
2013 April Herceptin- TDMI
2013 Sept Herceptin + Perjeta . CA2729 within normal range. Brain and Pet scans October 31st. will post results.
2013 October Brain MRI- mixed response. Will see Onc/rad on Halloween.
2013 October/November Brain-MRI nothing new. Repeat MRI next year in May.

2013 December Continue Herceptin and Perjeta. Stable at the moment.
2014 February Brain MRI -clear!
2014 January Added Taxotere to Perjeta+Herceptin.
2014 March Stopped chemo-chest ct-scan next.

2014- March Scans shows tumor's larger, CA2729 higher. Discontinue Herceptin.
2014 April Perjeta+ Halaven
2014 April CA2729 went down 60 points after one cycle. Cough does not want to go away.
2014 June Continue on Perjeta + Halaven-- no more cough. Stable
2014 June Back on Herceptin + abraxane
Adriana Mangus is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter