HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2009, 04:51 PM   #2
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Re: Who do I call, what do I do?!!!

This sounds like a terrible situation! I am so sorry you have have to deal with this crap. Who is the case worker employed by? Is she employed by your HMO? Your oncologist? Who cancelled the Herceptin?

I hope your orthopedic surgeon calls back and can help get this straightened out.

Who is supposed to give you the pre-op tests? I would fax and PDF a letter to that person and his or her boss explaining that you have a surgery date of November 18, and you must have the following tests before then. State that these tests have been cancelled or delayed, and that if they are not promptly re-scheduled you will write to the head of the department, hospital, HMO, whichever is applicable. Explain that the surgery must go forward on November 18, and if the tests are not scheduled to allow that to happen, you will take legal action. A fax may work better than a phone call in this case.

Perhaps you could write and fax a similar letter to your oncologist, indicating that she canceled her appointment for today, and will not re-schedule until December 1. Tell her you must have the Herceptin on November 16. You should note that Dr. Slamon strongly recommended that you be given Herceptin and Tykerb prior to and during your surgery, and that you cannot understand why your Herceptin has been cancelled. Make threats as needed. Perhaps you can ask Dr. Slamon's assistant to prepare a letter from him memorializing his recommendations, and enclose that letter. You want to have a paper trail that she is not treating you in a medically appropriate manner.

Good luck! I wish I had a better idea of what to do. Hopefully others will chime in.
  Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter