HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-28-2009, 10:26 AM   #32
Nancy L
Senior Member
 
Nancy L's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: La Quinta, Ca
Posts: 253
Re: I need hip surgery which STOPS my chemo!

Chelee,

I am sure cost is a huge factor for the HMO. By the way, are you on Medicare? I calculate that the retail cost of the three drugs is close to $10K per month. Of course, insurance doesn't pay that much to the oncs. I would love to know the wholesale cost of all these drugs but I haven't figured out a way to get that info on the web.

Diarrhea with Tykerb is a problem but can be controlled by taking a Lomotil every morning and a strict diet. There are a lot of things you just can't eat or drink while you are on this drug---when you do, you pay big time.

The DM-1 trial is attractive. Cost is not a factor for the HMO when they put you on a trial---the drug company pays. And I am sure they get paid for all the paperwork, etc. So it should be a win-win to put you on this trial.

How do they plan to attack the tumor---radiation???

I feel so bad that you have a double wammy going here. And from personal experience, I know how difficult it can be when you have issues with a physician but are stuck and can't change. I wish I knew some magic tricks to share but I don't.

Nancy
Nancy L is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter