HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Diet and Nutrition
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Diet and Nutrition By popular demand our nutritional message board. This board will be monitored by a Registered RD who is certified in oncology by the American Dietetic Association

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-15-2009, 07:55 AM   #1
TanyaRD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 358
Re: Nutrition, exercise, and inflammation

Hi AA. I wasn't able to access the article but posted it on a listserv I belong to in hopes that someone else has access and can send me the article. I will let you know if I get it.
TanyaRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2009, 12:49 PM   #2
AlaskaAngel
Senior Member
 
AlaskaAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,018
Re: Nutrition, exercise, and inflammation

Thank you, Tanya. I'm very curious about what they are learning. Did you happen to see Donna's post on the main forum about the omega-3 testing? I'm thinking, though, that testing omega-6 levels would be key.

A.A.
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2009, 01:59 PM   #3
AlaskaAngel
Senior Member
 
AlaskaAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,018
Re: Nutrition, exercise, and inflammation

Tanya, here is an example on the web site I gave StephN, which shows not only glycemic index but also the inflammation factor for whatever food is selected:

London broil, or round steak:

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/beef-products/3569/2

Whole grain bread:

http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/b...roducts/4846/2
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2009, 09:38 AM   #4
TanyaRD
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Posts: 358
Re: Nutrition, exercise, and inflammation

AA,
I just looked at Donna's posting. Thank you for directing me to it as I usually don't look much beyond the Diet and Nutrition postings. I have emailed the company that does the testing to see if they will send me some background on the Omega Score testing. Also, I received a copy of the Exercise and Inflammation article and in the process of reviewing this for you.
TanyaRD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter