HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-10-2009, 07:58 AM   #5
Ellie F
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,526
Re: Does Herceptin lower red blood cells?

Hi
I am also having treatment in the UK. When just on herceptin my red blood cell count did not change at all. I have recently completed 5 rounds of taxotere and herceptin and it dropped significently and I only just avoided a blood transfusion.
My onc says that my red cell count was reduced due to taxotere but it will take a bit longer to recover as I am on 3 weekly herceptin.
That being said every three weeks it has increased by several points though not back to 13.1 where I started.
By the way taxotere also reduces platelets so you bruise more easily and it takes longer to fade
Cheers
Ellie
Ellie F is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:43 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter