HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Diet and Nutrition
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Diet and Nutrition By popular demand our nutritional message board. This board will be monitored by a Registered RD who is certified in oncology by the American Dietetic Association

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-21-2009, 10:06 AM   #5
AlaskaAngel
Senior Member
 
AlaskaAngel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Alaska
Posts: 2,018
Re: Nutrition, exercise, and inflammation

Thanks, Tanya, for the prompt response, and for your participation here.

I do use spices and herbs in that I use daily cinnamon and turmeric in my hot drinks and hot cereal and nightly 1% organic milk plus stevia plus freshly ground flax seed (but I don't take them as a pill supplement). As a stage I, HER2+++, 50% ER+ and 95% PR+, I have used the flaxseed for over 4 years, although some may choose not to.

It is interesting to me that the food pyramid recommends against the white button mushroom and I am curious to know if you know why, as I have been waiting for a trial for that mushroom to get off the ground and it now is an actively running clinical trial.

I will list some of the active clinical trials, in case anyone is able and interesting in participating or watching for their outcome:

These are the trials that came up for me today on the clinicaltrials.org database using breast cancer as the disease, and mushrooms:

White button mushroom trial

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00709020?term=mushrooms&cond=%22Breast+Neoplasm s%22&rank=1

Yunzi extract trial (any folks from Barcelona, Spain on our forums?)

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00647075?term=mushrooms&cond=%22Breast+Neoplasm s%22&rank=2

Coriolus versicolor trial (University of Minnesota, Bastyr University Sponsors)

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00680667?term=mushrooms&cond=%22Breast+Neoplasm s%22&rank=3


These are the clinical trials that came up for me today for the clinical trials.org database using breast cancer as the disease, and omega-3:

For the newly diagnosed (trial based in Oregonn, do we have any newly diagnosed folks in Oregon who are interested?

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00627276?term=omega-3&cond=%22Breast+Neoplasms%22&rank=4

For the non-metastatic patients… a trial Columbia University and…. Glaxo-Kline-Smith (!) are offering, using omega-3 for musculoskeletal joint pain an stiffness in those on aromatase inhibitors

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00930527?term=omega-3&cond=%22Breast+Neoplasms%22&rank=3

For those interested in any synergistic effect of use of the antiestrogen use of raloxifene and omega-3, offered through Penn State:

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00723398?term=omega-3&cond=%22Breast+Neoplasms%22&rank=2

This trial is in progress and is not looking for participants, but one to keep an one on…. for those who haven't had breast cancer and want to see of omega-3's help to keep it that way -- offered through Cedars-Sinai Medical Center.

http://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT00114296?term=omega-3&cond=%22Breast+Neoplasms%22&rank=1
AlaskaAngel is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:38 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter