HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-02-2009, 03:00 PM   #1
Lien
Senior Member
 
Lien's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Haarlem, the Netherlands
Posts: 835
Re: Progression rates from stage IIIC to stage IV?

The thing with stats is, that they can scare you or give you a false sense of safety. When I was first diagnosed, early stage, good prognosis, I "met" a woman with a similar diagnosis online. A year later she had developed mets. I hadn't. I know several women who are NED after a stage IV diagnosis (more than 10 years later!!!). I know women who recurred when their prognosis was excellent, and who didn't with a lousy prognosis. In the end it's a crap shoot. Why did we get BC in the first place? We just don't know.

So I decided that I might as well make the most of my NED days, as I had no idea whether they would last or not. I'm lucky. I'm five years out and got to spend time with my kids, my husband, my friends and my relatives. I went skiing again, for the first time in many years and taught my sons to ski. I try to start each day with a smile on my face. I try to sing in the shower (have you noticed it's very hard to feel bad while you are singing?).

The first year is just so hard. I think the fact that your tumor (gosh, it was huge! My breasts are not even 10 x 12 cm, I'm a B) responded so well to chemo is a very very good sign. I bet you have a pretty good chance of being one of those miracle girls.

Keep taking deep breaths. This too shall pass.

Hugs

Jacqueline
__________________
Diagnosed age 44, January 2004, 0.7 cm IDC & DCIS. Stage 1, grade 3, ER/PR pos. HER2 pos. clear margins, no nodes. SNB. 35 rads. On Zoladex and Armidex since Dec. 2004. Stopped Zoladex/Arimidex sept 2009 Still taking mistletoe shots (CAM therapy) Doing fine.
Lien is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:39 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter