HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-30-2009, 03:53 PM   #1
ElaineM
Senior Member
 
ElaineM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,142
Wink Re: update on me

Just thought I would pass along a little tip I used during chemo and Herceptin treatment. I never had to have a blood transfusion or shots to help my blood counts. I never had to skip treatments because my blood counts were too low.
If a person has a good appetite he or she might want to eat more vegetables and fruit, including lots of mushrooms (shitake, reishii, maitake,portabella and plain old white mushrooms) during chemo. These foods help the white blood count.
Good luck. Whatever you decide will be the right choice for you.
__________________
Peace,
ElaineM
12 years and counting
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48247
Lucky 13 !! I hope so !!!!!!
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52807
14 Year Survivor
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57053
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." author unknown
Shared by a multiple myeloma survivor.
ElaineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter