HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-19-2009, 10:22 PM   #6
DianneS
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Posts: 327
Re: Herceptin and supplements

Thank you Tom, for the info. I have been drinking organic green tea for quite awhile, and also organic matcha tea.

I have a good naturopathic doctor in town and have been getting antioxidant pills from her as well as a tincture to try to help my body. I have read about cumin, and tumeric as well (which is one of the ingredients she has put in the tincture). Tumeric has been found to actually shrink some tumour - interesting to read about it if you want to google it.

Also thank you for the explanation about her2 and Herceptin. That helps explain what is going on.

I do have one question about the whole process: I have read that her2 overproduction is a chromosonal defect on chromosone #17. Does Herceptin alter this chromosone? After stopping Herceptin, does the process that Herceptin began continue?

Dianne
__________________
Three years and 5 months NED
Dx: Aug 2008 right breast IDC with 50% of tumor DCIS, Stage II or IIA, tumor size: 2.1 cm
Grade 3
8/9 Richardson/Bloom test
ER+ weakly positive
Alred Score: 4 (suggesting I would strongly benefit from hormone therapy)
PR-,
HER2 positive +++
No vascular invasion
No lymph nodes involved
Surgery: Sept. 9, 2008 -Modified radical mastectomy, right breast. I chose to have a simple mastectomy on the left. Began Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin November, 2008. Finished T/C March 2009. Finished #16 Herceptin Sept. 09. AI's and Tamoxifen made me sick. Began natural Tamoxifen which is Quercetin, I3C and a combo of other supplements. I am also a DES Daughter. There is now a link between DES exposure in utero and breast cancer!
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter