HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Keeping Your Mind Off of BC
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Keeping Your Mind Off of BC Fun things and posts that do not apply to BC

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 07:23 AM   #1
Colleens_Husband
Senior Member
 
Colleens_Husband's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Oregon City
Posts: 856
I was in an accident when I was 32 years old and broke my back. One leg and part of my back were paralyzed. I was in a wheelchair for more than a year and was told I would never walk again. I fully recovered, mostly out of spite.

In 2005 I had an acute case of Guillain-Barre' Syndrome and was mostly paralyzed. I could still breath on my own and wiggle my toes and fingers, but other than that almost nothing worked. I recovered quickly and was able to walk without a cane after about a year.

Paralysis is a whole lot less fun than it sounds. I wouldn't recommend it. Even so, I still wouldn't trade paralysis for cancer. All of you are brave beyond words.
__________________
This happened to Colleen:

Diagnosed in September 2007
ER-/PR-/HER2 Neu+++ 2.1 cm x .9 cm spicluted tumor with three fingers, Stage 2B
Sentinal node biopsy and lymph node removal with 3/18 positive in October 2007
4 TAC infusions
lumpectomy March 2008, bad margins
Re-excision on June 3rd, 2008 with clean margins
Fitted for compression sleeve July 16, 2008
Started the first of two TCH infusions August 14, 2008
Done with chemo and now a member of the blue dot club 9/17/08
Starting radiation October 1, 2008
life is still on hold
Colleens_Husband is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter