HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-02-2009, 08:49 PM   #1
alicem
Senior Member
 
alicem's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Colorado Springs, CO
Posts: 430
Thank you ladies, very well put. Let me add that I am happy to be a member of this Her2 chorus! I just love harmonizing with all of you. Here's to lots of singing from all of us.
__________________
9/15/08 (age 52) - Mammo: calcifications
9/22/08 - Biopsy: DCIS, grade 3. ER,PR status: Pos. in 75-90% of tumor cells.
10/01/08 - Ob/Gyn appt.: found complex, mostly cystic mass on right ovary - 11cmx12cmx 8cm
10/15/08 - Hysterectomy & Oophorectomy, Lumpectomy: Cyst on uterus, not ovary - all was benign. Breast - 5 of 6 bad margins. 2 Sentinel Lymph nodes removed, both negative. Stage 0, Tis, N0
12/11/08 - Mastectomy & DIEP reconstruction: Surprise! 2 cm Invasive DC, grade 2 found. One benign internal mammary lymph node. Stage 1, T1c, N0, all clean margins. ER+ (Proportion Score = 2/5, Intensity Score = 2/3) and PR+(Proportion Score = 3/5, Intensity Score = 2/3)
HER2 score = 3+
1/09/09 - Oncotype DX: Recurrence S/core of 60 !?!?! ER status is NEG!! PR staus is NEG! HER2 score = 12.2 (still positive, greater than 11.5 is positive).
1/20/09 - Started chemo: TCH
5/26/09 - FINISHED CHEMO!
1/05/10 - FINISHED HERCEPTIN!
1/22/10 - Port-a-catheter removed!
3/07/18 - Still NED
9/10/23 - Still NED
alicem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 05:19 AM   #2
PinkGirl
Senior Member
 
PinkGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,193
May I just say ...

I think this little crisis was handled poorly. Anyone who was following the thread knows that it went off course ... derailed. But the thread wasn't "finished". Many members were enjoying it and benefiting from it. Now it's on lock down.

AbbyDawgs comments to Andi were mean and personal. This is not acceptable. Andi did not retaliate .. she tried to keep going with her thread. I think closing it was taking the easy way out.... easier to bring out the old padlock than to deal with a member who chose to be mean spirited and hurtful.

I don't need any help to NOT read a thread. It's the old "double click" thing ... don't do it. We've had this type of problem before and I can remember two other times when it involved "Andi threads". So what is Andi supposed to do now? Start another thread? See how far she can get before someone is offended and tries to pick a fight? I think the wrong people have been punished.

So I'll be taking another break from the board. I've got enough crap going on
in my life that I don't need more from my support group. I hope everyone can
play nice in Joe and Christine's living room .... and remember .... you don't have to double click.
__________________
PinkGirl

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09



" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2009, 06:26 AM   #3
Jean
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 3,154
I am sorry Steph, I have to agree with Pinkgirl on this one. I think the reason the thread went off rail for a bit was that many of us were trying to reach out to Abby in kindness (she mentions she is isolated) ....and still concentrate on Andi 's thread at the same time, I think many of us can multi task. Please note even though you closed down the thread...another snide comment was placed on another post, so what was solved ....Abby has taken a strong stand on her feelings, but chooses not to respect Andi's.

Now we have two members who are absent from the board! Pinkgirl and Andi...I was concerned this would occur when that thread was closed. Everyone responded to Abby in a respectful manner and reached out to her in good spirit.

Jean
__________________
Stage 1, Grade 1, 3/30/05
Lumpectomy 4/15/05 - 6MM IDC
Node Neg. (Sentinel node)
ER+ 90% / PR-, Her2+++ by FISH
Ki-67 40%
Arimidex 5/05
Radiation 32 trt, 5/30/05
Oncotype DX test 4/17/06, 31% high risk
TOPO 11 neg. 4/06
Stopped Arimidex 5/06
TCH 5/06, 6 treatments
Herceptin 5/06 - for 1 yr.
9/06 Completed chemo
Started Femara Sept. 2006
Jean is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter