HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2009, 09:17 AM   #1
Debbie L.

one small reference but it's not the one I was looking for

However, it does mention cisplatin which I assume is related to carbo:

http://cancerres.aacrjournals.org/cg...act/62/10/2771

Last bit:
"A combination of cisplatin and ifosfamide, two drugs that are widely used in the treatment of cancer patients, also depressed the expression of proteasomal subunits in muscles from rats bearing the MatB adenocarcinoma below basal levels. Thus, a down-regulation of ubiquitin-proteasome-dependent proteolysis is observed with various cytostatic agents and contributes to reverse the chemotherapy-induced muscle wasting."

Debbie
Debbie L. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2009, 01:42 PM   #2
DianneS

TCH after effects

Hello ladies,

thank you for responding! That is exactly what I call this - 'jelly legs' and it only occurs after I have been walking upstairs or uphill. The strength is just gone. I have to stop while I catch my breath as well. This used to happen for a day or so after my 3rd and 4th treatments of TCH but it has never lasted beyond a few days. It's not getting worse but it's not getting better either.

I have been walking 45 mins to an hour all through my treatments, and rarely missed a day. Just have to hope that the poison will work itself out. Hasn't been a month yet since the last treatment...I know, I am not patient . If it is still bothering me at my next Herceptin tx April 23 I will ask the doc about it.

Meanwhile I am taking supplements to get my immune system back to normal and hopefully better than it ever was. I am an active person and just hate that this has happened to me, or any of us.

Thanks for your support.

Diannes
DianneS is offline   Reply With Quote