HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-21-2009, 10:51 AM   #1
karen z
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,477
Carolyn,
I can only speak to the chemo/herceptin part of your treatment. I, too, was very afraid to do chemo. In fact, once I was in the room, I turned and tried to go in the other direction- to the head nurse's office. My friends and the head nurse got me going in the right direction again and I did it. It is not fun but is something YOU CAN DO. Have someone there with you always to make the time go by and give you emotional support (I had one friend who tried to teach me to knit during this time. We would start off knitting but I usually fell asleep- then she would continue to knit- I wasn't the best student). Take the meds prescribed as the nurse's say- it is easier to prevent nausea than reverse it. The drugs around now do an amazing job with the nausea. More surprising to me was the fatigue I would experience at certain points in the cycle. After one or two cycles you will know how you are going to feel and when. I PROMISE THAT YOU CAN DO THIS AND THAT THE TIME WILL GO BY. KEEP YOUR SITES ON THE DATE WHEN IT IS OVER AND KNOW THAT EACH DAY GETS YOU CLOSER TO THAT POINT.

Best,
Karen
karen z is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter