HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-21-2009, 09:22 PM   #6
ElaineM
Senior Member
 
ElaineM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,142
Wink Trusting your onc - is a cardiologist necessary?

You are right Kathy. We have to be our own advocates.
Docs have so many patients and even though the info about the last time we had a test is in our files they sometimes don't see it.
I keep old appointment calendars for several years, so I can check and see when the last time I did big tests. Sometimes after I finish a test I write a note in the month the next time I am supposed to have a test. If I know something should be done every 6 months and I did it in December I put a note at the top of the month of June. Then I will mention it to the doc at the end of May or the beginning of June.
I also carry a note book to all my appointments where I write down everything-------things I am supposed to do, my questions, the docs answers etc. etc.
Good luck being your own advocate. Take care.
__________________
Peace,
ElaineM
12 years and counting
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48247
Lucky 13 !! I hope so !!!!!!
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52807
14 Year Survivor
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57053
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." author unknown
Shared by a multiple myeloma survivor.
ElaineM is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:43 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter