HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-09-2009, 08:11 PM   #1
freyja
Senior Member
 
freyja's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Eugene, Oregon
Posts: 347
Tch

Congratulations on making a tough decision and embarking on your healing journey. I had almost exactly the same prognosis as you, and the same chemo. It was dramatically effective for me, and tolerable. I would make sure you have some laxative with stool softener around, cuz if you're like me you'd have some constipation for a couple days after treatment. I took a lot of baths with my favorite bath salts, or oils or bubbles. It was the most comfortable place to be.
My hair started falling out 2weeks into treatment (I've heard that's the norm). My vote is to just shave it off when that happens, less messy.
I also advise that you visit this site often, and let us know how you feel. It's been amazingly valuable for me!
Celeste
__________________

"Dancers Against Cancer" in the Eugene, OR Komen Race for the Cure 2010
Diagnosed 8/7/08 with stage 3 invasive ductal carcinoma, micropapillary pattern, Her2 3+, ER+,PR-, grade II, positive lymph nodes.
Received 6doses of Taxotere, Carboplatin with Herceptin continuing for a year...DONE.
1/28/09 Left Modified Radical Mastectomy, Right Simple Mastectomy.
Surgery pathology: No invasive carcinoma present and 17 lymph nodes removed all negative! Only small amount of carcinoma in situ in left breast.
March/April '09, Radiation to left chest wall.
Currently involved in Neratinib clinical trial.

"Well being I won
and wisdom too,
I grew and joyed in my growth;
from a word to a word
I was led to a word
from a deed to another deed." (Odin)

freyja is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:10 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter