HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-10-2008, 07:05 PM   #9
DanaRT
Senior Member
 
DanaRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Avilla, Indiana
Posts: 261
Brenda,
We share the same chemo meds. I will have my last (every 3 weeks) Herceptin treatment the day after Christmas. I still have a few side effects. It is painful to stand up and begin to walk after sitting for lengthy times like driving or sitting at the computer. It is much worse in the evenings. I walk for a few about 90 seconds thinking "ouch, ouch, ouch...." with every step.
I saw my onco last week. She said it is probably the chemo still working out of my system.

In the middle of the TCH regime my finger tips split wide open and bleed terribly! Extremely painful. I used gallons of liquid band-aid and wore Playtex Living Gloves to clean and wash dishes. Eight months out, I am still having a few splits in my finger tips.

My point is...I think it takes along time for the chemo brain, fatigue and aches to diminish.

I wake too with the cancer demons in the middle of the night. At times I can barely breath. I know the fear all too well.

Take care,
Dana
__________________
-Dana-

]
Diagnosed - Nov. 2, 2007 at 45
Lumpectomy - Nov. 13, 2007
Tumor 1.2 cm
Stage 1 Grade 3
ER/PR - Her2 +++ (3.8)
Taxotere/Carboplatin/Herceptin- 6 rounds
Neulasta
Radiation 33 treatments - will be done 6/6/08
Herceptin through 12/08
12/07 MUGA 61%, 4/08 MUGA 60%, 7/08 MUGA 64%
three wonderful daughters, a terrific husband,
Life is Good
DanaRT is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:02 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter