HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-21-2008, 10:17 AM   #4
RobinP
Senior Member
 
RobinP's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 943
Gerri, I had osteopenia of the hips and took the Actonel for a while, but I don't think I would ever do Zometa for oestopenia, due to the risk of osteonecrosis. It was probably good that I take Actonel for four years,not only to build bones, but to help decrease any bone mets. I need to recheck my bone density soon to see what's going on there.


No, I don't have the ten percent risk articles in front of me now, but the risk I have read for intravenous biphosphonates is around 10%, while the risk for oral was low at 2%.

Note, I was was only aware that bisphosphonates decrease bone mets:
BREAST CANCER — Bisphosphonates have several potential uses in women with breast cancer:
  • Prevention or delay in skeletal complications, as well as palliation of bone pain in patients with documented bone metastases
  • Preventing the appearance of bone metastases in patients with high-risk early stage disease (ie, those receiving adjuvant treatment)
  • Prevention of the bone loss that accompanies adjuvant systemic therapy
__________________
Robin
2002- dx her2 positive DCIS/bc TX Mast, herceptin chemo

Last edited by RobinP; 11-21-2008 at 11:12 AM..
RobinP is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:00 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter