HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 04:55 AM   #1
Lori R
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Evergreen, Colorado
Posts: 454
DLL,

You are seeing the power of the wonderful ,experienced people on this board!!!

While I can't provide specific guidance in regards to the 4 vs 6 rounds of TCH. (I had 6 rounds of T&H)....

I can support Chelee's words of wisdom....Push your Dr. If it will provide you with years of reassurance, go for the gusto. (I believe that coming out swinging has been the preferred approach of most on the board)

It was through the support of this site that I challenged my Dr. to receive radiation. She had pretty much told me radiation wasn't given to women that were metastatic. After I said that I wanted it, to her credit, when I returned for my next visit she was on board 100%.

So....if you are up for another couple rounds of the ride...my vote is to "go for it".

Good for you for educating yourself and actually having an opinion!!! So many patients don't know enough to ask.

Keep us posted!! Lori
__________________
2007
Oct - Diagnosed - Stage IV
5 c.m. IDC - Left Side er/pr- Her2+++
Node + 2/14 - Single Liver Met
Double Mastectomy
Nov - Begin T+H
2008
Feb-Complete 6 cycles- T&H- NED
March - Continue - Herceptin Only
April - Rads for 6 weeks
2009
Continue Herceptin - Continue NED
April - Recurrance- 3 cm. Liver Met
May - Cryosurgery
June - November - Abraxane + Herceptin
Aug - PET/CT - CTC = 0 Back to NED
2010
January - Continue NED
July - Recurrance - 3 cm Liver Met CTC=1
August - Cryosurgery #2
August - November Navelbine
November - Back to NED - End Navelbine
2011
Feb - Recur - 4 cm Liver Met - Same Left Lobe
March Surgery it is -Couldn't get a clean margin
July - Confirmed continued liver involvement
August - Begin Herceptin + Tykerb
October - Mixed results from H+T
Add Abraxane + H + T - Nov - April
2012
January PET Scan - It's working!!
April - Back to NED
July - Recurrance
August - Begin TDM-1 Trial (Taxol + TDM-1)
Lori R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 06:20 AM   #2
Becky
Senior Member
 
Becky's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Stockton, NJ
Posts: 4,179
Most folks on this board know I keep up even though I have been done with treatment for years. I have NOT heard of 4 TCH treatments or any studies on doing less than 6. I would ask your oncologist to forward those studies to you and tell her that you have not heard of less than 6 and would like to know what the standard of care with TCH is. Also, are you getting the full year of Herceptin (herceptin to continue alone until one yr?).

I do want to state that I keep up and may have missed things so approach your onc in a nice manner but I am sure someone on this board would have picked up on any new early bc protocol (and I have gone to the big shows and seen the most up to date studies).
__________________
Kind regards

Becky

Found lump via BSE
Diagnosed 8/04 at age 45
1.9cm tumor, ER+PR-, Her2 3+(rt side)
2 micromets to sentinel node
Stage 2A
left 3mm DCIS - low grade ER+PR+Her2 neg
lumpectomies 9/7/04
4DD AC followed by 4 DD taxol
Used Leukine instead of Neulasta
35 rads on right side only
4/05 started Tamoxifen
Started Herceptin 4 months after last Taxol due to
trial results and 2005 ASCO meeting & recommendations
Oophorectomy 8/05
Started Arimidex 9/05
Finished Herceptin (16 months) 9/06
Arimidex Only
Prolia every 6 months for osteopenia

NED 18 years!

Said Christopher Robin to Pooh: "You must remember this: You're braver than you believe and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think"
Becky is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:09 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter