HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-21-2008, 03:38 PM   #12
Barbara H.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Newton, MA
Posts: 951
I didn't know that I had HER2 cancer when I was first diagnosed in 1998. Nevertheless, Herceptin was in the news, and during my treatment I asked about it. A few years later I found out that I was HER2 positive and would be eligible for Herceptin if I recurred. I was never told that HER2 cancer was aggressive. I was told that ER and PR negative was not adventagious. It is amazing now to me that it took me six years to recur as an ER, PR negative patient. Herceptin did work for me initially and has kept the cancer mets in remission that I presented with. Unfortunately, they later appeared in the bones and I needed Navalbine and now the Heceptin MCC-DM trial to keep them at bay.

Sometimes I am sad that I couldn't have Herceptin initially because I feel that maybe it would have kept me in remission. I am happy that it is available to new patients.

Best regards,
Barbara H.
Barbara H. is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter