HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-01-2008, 09:55 AM   #4
dlaxague
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 221
Estrace - I use it too but "heard" this study differently

Brenda said: "If I read this right, I think I am really glad that we have stuck to Estrace..."

Hmm. I dunno. The only reason Estrace wasn't implicated was that they didn't study it. I'd assume that its absorption would be just as bad (or good, depending upon your perspective). I started with Estring which at that time had shown the smallest systemic absorption. But over the years that just wasn't cutting it and now I use a dab of Estrace.

However. This is just one study. There are other (older) studies that do not show much systemic change and what they show is typically still within normal menopausal ranges. I don't have those normal ranges at the tip of my fingers so cannot say if this studies "5-fold increase" took the levels above normal menopausal ranges.

Plus, I'm assuming that the dose used (1g of Premarin cream) is much larger than my dab - an applicator-ful I'd guess.

So I'm hedging, on my personal decision. I wish they'd do some large studies on menopausal breast cancer survivors. Since the majority are on hormone therapy, I'd like to see these results of serum levels for those on Tamoxifen, and especially on AI's. But the only thing that will really tell the tale is to do long term recurrence and survival studies. And that won't be in time to help us figure out the best thing for us, today.

Debbie Laxague
dlaxague is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:12 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter