HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-17-2008, 08:30 AM   #6
Henny
Senior Member
 
Henny's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Oregon
Posts: 110
Maria,
My port was sore for a long while. I would keep my hand on it and folks at work thought I was doing the pledge of allegiance all the time. It did get less sore. I had it taken out last week since I had finished the year of Herceptin. I was sooo glad I had it when the nurse started to look for a vein before surgery and found lots of good IV sites. Even tho the port was a pain for 1 1/2 years, I know with each blood draw in the future I'll be glad I didn't have to have chemo straight in the veins.
And I was able to exercise and swim with no discomfort from the port.
You will do great and soon this will be behind you
Henny
__________________
Henny
Dx 3/07 IDC and DCIS Her2+ ER- PR-
Stage IIb 1/15 nodes
A/C, Taxol, Herceptin
Bilateral mastectomies with recon
Zometa 2/yr for 3 yrs- finished 8/2011
Henny is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter