HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2008, 07:12 PM   #5
pattyz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 306
Julie,

My initial dx was Stage IIIb, too. I had two tumors, plus Inflammatory and 6 pos nodes of 26 taken.

My mets occured at two and a half yrs., July of '02. Mediastianal node/s, spot on lung, spot on pelvis. I had a surgical biopsy of aortic window node to confirm.

My tx was Navelbine/Herceptin. In only four rounds, I was NED in body, and I opted to stop tx. All treatment.

I was dx'd with brain mets in Sept. '02, and that became my focus, as long as my other scans were good.

For the past three yrs I've been on Xeloda/Temodar for my brain mets... but my bod is still NED, as far as we know. So, with this tx, we also added Tykerb last fall. My brain mets progressed a bit, but I MIGHT be getting an advantage with it to my body along with the Xeloda now.

Anyway, that still leaves three yrs with no tx for my 'body' at all.

It is generally wise to begin with the lesser of 'evils' unless ofcourse the mets are raging. Then combos come in to play.

However, as we are all individuals, we need to do what we and our oncs feel is the best course for us.

Hope that does not confuse, but offer another opinon.

pattyz
pattyz is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter