HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-14-2008, 11:59 AM   #4
sarah
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: france
Posts: 1,648
yes, I had a mastectomy - they told me I was cured and I believed them that time. And then almost 3 years later a cyst in that breast was taken out and was judged benign, (I wonder about that - did they fail to take out enough) then 2 years after that I had a cyst in the same place (inner bottom part of breast) and that was cancerous and had spread to over the sternum. They said it could have been some random cells left in the skin over the fascia or a new cancer. It was treated as a recurrence.
I was given Taxol and Herception weekly for 6 months, then radiation for 5 weeks and now continue on Herceptin and Femara nightly plus stuff for my bones (Clastoban).
I must say I was shocked and devastated when the recurrence in the same breast happened particularly since by having a mastectomy I had gone beyond what could have been a choice in an effort to be "sure" and they said I was cured.
I believe Herceptin and Femara are keeping me alive so far.
Good luck to your friend. Tell her to fight for the best treatment and stay positive and enjoy life.
You're a good friend and I hope that is truly appreciated by your friend. stay strong and don't wear yourself out trying to do too much. I've been a care giver to a friend with cancer who died recently and it's very tough. Sometimes I think being a patient is easier.
hugs and love
sarah

Last edited by sarah; 08-14-2008 at 12:02 PM..
sarah is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter