HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #4
Donna
Senior Member
 
Donna's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Shingle Springs, CA - near Sacramento
Posts: 295
Thanks for this!

Hi Robin and Lani,

I have both the Vagifem and Premarin cream in my medicine cabinet. Even though both my OB/GYN and my oncologist said they are safe and each recommended one over the other, I just didn't feel okay using them. It always sounded good while I was in the office, but when I got them home, something about taking them didn't seem right.

I pretty much follow my gut feeling on these things and I am gratified to find it backed up by science. I had stopped taking my bioidentical estrogen a couple of months before I was diagnosed just because all of the sudden it didn't feel right to use it anymore. Don't know why, but when I pay attention to my "gut" feelings, they usually pan out to be the right thing for me, sometimes despite recommendations to the contrary.

Now, if only I could get a "gut" feeling for the lottery :-)

Have a great day!

Donna
__________________
Donna in the Sierra Foothills of California

Diagnosed 6/7/06 invasive ductal carcinoma/ductal carcinoma in situ
Lumpectomy 6/21/06
Pathology: Er 99% Pr 10% Her2/neu 3+
DNA Index 1.0
S-Phase 3/High
Primary Tumor 2.4 cm Sentinel Node Tumor 2.1cm
A/C/T+ Herceptin + rads + Arimidex
stopped Herceptin after 7 mos. due to low MUGA
Surgery for thickened uterine tissue May 2008 - conclusion: side effect of Arimidex
Switched from Arimidex to Femara - joint/tendon problems significantly better!
2 year mark Pet scan and Echo shows all clear!
5 year mammogram with ultrasound shows no sign of cancer - yay!
11 years, 11 months new breast cancer - found lump
Mastectomy 4/30/2018
Pathology: Er99%, PR 28%, Her2 negative! (new type)
Faslodex
Donna is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:51 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter