HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2008, 05:46 AM   #1
MJo
Senior Member
 
MJo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Wilmington, Del.
Posts: 1,126
I try to calm myself down naturally -- I get accupuncture, take walks, walk around my garden. But when all else fails, I take Xanax.
__________________
MJO

IDC, Stage I, Grade 2
Oncotype DX Score 32
Her2++ E+P+, Node Neg.
Lumpectomy 11/04/05 Clear Margins
3 Dose dense AC (Couldn't tolerate 4)
4 Dose dense Taxol & Herc. (Tolerated well)
36 weeks Herceptin (Could not complete one year due to decrease in MUGA score)
2 years of Arimidex, then three years of Femara
Finished Femara May 2011
MJo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:48 AM   #2
basset girl
Senior Member
 
basset girl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Newnan, Georgia
Posts: 80
G. Ann, I am praying for you to have peace during this time. Sometimes it really helps me to try to do something fun with my daughter or friends. Even if it is just to watch a movie together or bake together. Anything to keep my mind occupied. Mary Jo, thank you so much for your post. You do not know how much it helped me to read it today!!! You are such an inspiration. Thank you.
__________________
Nancy

Diagnosed 4/06, age 45
IDC, 3.5 cm, 4/7 positive nodes
Stage IIB
Her2++, ER & PR++
Mastectomy, 4 AC, 4 Taxol & Herception for one year
Radiation
Ovaries out 4/07
Currently taking Arimidex and Zometa every 6 months
basset girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:11 PM   #3
G. Ann
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 78
Hi All,
What a great group of "sisters" to share your ways of coping with the waiting period. I did hear from radiologist this afternoon and it's kind of the "gray" area news--findings were atypical. Maybe it's on the way to become cancer or maybe it never will develop. The recommendation is for an excisional biopsy in case something was missed. Since I was strongly considering a prophylactic mastectomy as this is my third biopsy & scare in four years, I don't know if that's necessary. The radiologist was calling the surgeon and I'm sure I'll hear by the end of the week what his suggestion would be.

All of the posts were so reassuring. I didn't feel preached to, but very peace-filled in reading all of your wisdom. We can all use and turn to prayer, toes/fingers crossed, good thoughts being sent, along with leaning on family/friends, having fun, listening to good music, exercise to get the frustration out, and a glass of wine now and then. Meds are good too when needed.

Thanks again for your pearls of wisdom. I'm so impressed and grateful for this website.
__________________
G. Ann
DX 2/04, mastectomy, 2.5 cm tumor, grade 3
Her 2 positive, 60%, 3+/strong, ER/PR-
Stage 2, 0/18 nodes
TX 4 AC (no taxanes, no radiation)
Hysterectomy 10/04
Began Herceptin 1/06, finished 1/07
G. Ann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:31 PM   #4
PinkGirl
Senior Member
 
PinkGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,193
Hi G.Ann
If you have a 1/2 ton truck and a garage door, you can do what
I did while waiting for MRI results, but it is kind of expensive!

Everyone has given you good advice. I try to keep busy, spend
time with close friends, do things that I really enjoy doing and when
I get truly overwhelmed, I get out the Ativan. Good luck with all
of this waiting and decision making.
__________________
PinkGirl

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09



" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter