HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-24-2008, 05:55 PM   #4
Carolyns
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: South Florida
Posts: 477
Ann,

It is very discouraging to be treated this way. I tried to sue the first doctor who delayed my diagnosis 19 years ago. He said that I was too young for a mammogram at 32 when I told him that I felt a lump. He told me to visit every 3 months to monitor the lump and seemed very attentive. All the while in my chart he was writing that I was "obsessed" with a fear of beast disease. I found this out after reading my chart in the lawyers office. I changed doctors and got a mammogram which found cancer the first time. Anyway, I learned it is not so easy to sue a doctor and it is very time consuming.

Anyway, that experience made me understand that I am not up to suing anyone. It also made me wonder - What is the proper follow-up for long time survivors. I wish that someone could gain from my experience.

I think that the excellent question raised by dberg. In my case markers would have been a sign. I also had bone pain but mistakenly thought that the bone density test would show activity in the bones but I was wrong on that. So a bone scan would have also helped me discover the cancer sooner.

Carolyn
Carolyns is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:46 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter