HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > Herceptin / Tykerb
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Herceptin / Tykerb Share your experiences or ask questions about Herceptin or Tykerb

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 06-08-2008, 06:31 PM   #13
swimangel72
Senior Member
 
swimangel72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: NY
Posts: 240
Images: 6
Wow Jackie - your cancer treatment center sounds so much more modern and organized than mine. The nurses do it all at my location - prepare the drugs and give them to the patient. I never heard or saw any lab people - and I've never seen the nurses verify anything with each other. One nurse handles about 3 to 4 patients at a time.......I'm worried now after reading how your treatments were handled.

When I was in the hospital and needed a blood transfusion two nurses verified my name, the number on my bracelet, and the numbers on the bags of blood - that was the only time I saw any kind of security or verification since I started on this BC journey.

My treatment center is in my oncologist's office. He's usually there. But it is "bare-bones" - comfy recliners, but no tv sets; no privacy curtains; no food; we do have blankets and pillows if we want. I don't care about any frills - but I do worry if I'm consistently getting the correct treatment, even though my treatments aren't very complicated.

Sorry Duga if I've taken over your thread - but ultimately how does anyone know if they are really getting the right meds? I'm going to have to call my onc tomorrow and get some reassurances!
__________________
xxoo
Kathy
2/5/08 - dx age 53, post-menopausal;
IDC Stage 1, Grade 1
ER+ 90% /PR+ 90% /Her2++++, BRAC1 & 2 neg
3/5/08 - mast with muscle-sparing free tram;
0/7 nodes clear; Stage 1 lymphedema in right arm
3/11/08 - MRSA infection in abdomen causes large hernia
4/11/08 - Oncotype DX score 22 (intermediate)
4/12/08 - Muga score 67%
4/23/08 - Chemo, Navelbine and Herceptin every 2 weeks
8/20/08 - Last Navelbine infusion! Yay!
1/22/09 - First mammo since dx - unaffected breast CLEAR!
1/30/09 - Second Muga score 63%
swimangel72 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 03:34 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter