HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-23-2008, 04:52 PM   #5
Bill
Senior Member
 
Bill's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 2,077
Hi Irene! If it's any help, Nicola was on a clinical trial/study of Lapatinib(Tykerb) and Herceptin. She was also on Taxol at the same time, though. Everything worked great for about a year and 3 months, then there was a progression, so they pulled the Lapatinib and Taxol and switched to Navelbine, I think. The Tykerb crosses the BBB and she took 4 pills in the morning. She had the usual diadammitrhea, and during the trial they kept trying to blame it on the Taxol, but she knew it was the Tykerb. I'm not an expert, Irene, but I think its a good combo. You are attacking the cancer cells from the inside and out at the same time, I seem to recall. Thoughts and prayers, Love, Bill
Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter