HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2008, 04:11 AM   #7
Mary Jo
Senior Member
 
Mary Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sheboygan, WI
Posts: 2,582
Hi Michka,

Thank you. As you can see from my signature, I did wait for my reconstruction. I will be a 3 year survivor in July and am first now being reconstructed.

That being said, my plan all along was to not reconstruct. I've always been fine with being breastless and am a happy, confident person either way. But, for some reason, about 6 months ago I started thinking about - "putting myself back together" again. After doing a lot of research on the different types of reconstructions (never knowing a thing about any of them) I decided that DIEP is right for me.

It is an exciting, yet scary time, for me but am trying to look forward with confidence. My mind keeps wanting to go to the "what if this disease comes back" mode and "what if this disease comes back while in this proces of reconstruction" BUT am trying to put those thoughts out of my mind and concentrate on the good. To grab a hold of whats good and not think on what I have no control over anyway.

So, thank you for your nice post. Yes,June 17th is the date and it is almost here. YIKES Please pray for me that surgery and recovery is a complete success and NED continues to follow me.

Love to you ....

Mary Jo
__________________
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter