HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-11-2008, 01:55 PM   #1
Unregistered
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
RB
What do you mean a "pre-cursor"???
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 02:24 AM   #2
R.B.
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 1,843
HI Unregistered,

Yes you are right this is a half finished sentence presuming knowledge, and not very clear.

Sorry I was in a rush.

COX2 is an enzyme which is used to make two separate families of chemicals one from long chain omega 6 fat and one from omega 3 fat.

The omega six chemicals produced are in very general terms inflammatory.

An imbalance of Omega 3 and 6 with excess of Omega 6 arguably leads to inflammatory pressures in the body.

In the sense omega 6 is a raw material of inflammatory chemicals it is a precursor - less raw material = less product.

There is more information in the Greek Diet thread which is primarily about omega 3 and 6.


http://her2support.org/vbulletin/sho...ght=greek+diet

Last edited by R.B.; 05-12-2008 at 04:49 AM..
R.B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2008, 10:38 AM   #3
ElaineM
Senior Member
 
ElaineM's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 3,142
thoughts

Hi,
Thanks for the compliment. I created and manage the sites listed below my name if those are the ones you mean. Websites are alot of work and I have a few others, so it is always a challenge to keep them updated. Some supplements interact in a negative way with conventional medicine and some supplements enhance conventional medicine. My naturopath has testing equipment to sort it all out and my M. D. is willing to cooperate with my naturopath, so I am pretty lucky. The only thing I know about cox 2 is what my naturopath told me. He said there was some research to decide if cox 2 inhibitors can clear away a kind of "smoke screen" that cancer creates around itself as a protective messure. I guess if cox 2 inhibitors can clear away the "smoke screen" the chemo might work better.
I read that omega 3 is healthier than omega 6. I have to study the rest.
__________________
Peace,
ElaineM
12 years and counting
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=48247
Lucky 13 !! I hope so !!!!!!
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52807
14 Year Survivor
http://her2support.org/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57053
"You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have." author unknown
Shared by a multiple myeloma survivor.
ElaineM is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter