HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2008, 09:32 AM   #1
Leslie's sister
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: So California
Posts: 223
Good post Gerri & Lee

This is a good post. Difficult to think about but something we all think about anyway. The first question that pops up in our minds is "Why me?" I think that Gerri covered it well. God definitely doesn't cause the pain, He suffers with us (just as we suffer when our own children are hurting) and He is there to pick us up.

I recognize that I am going to suffer more sadness in my life. I am not looking forward to it but know it is as much a part of my walk as the joy in my life. This past weekend's Wall Street Journal had an excellent article about Randy Pausch, the Carnegie Mellon University professor, in the final stages of pancreatic cancer. He has become famous for his final farewell. There was a link to his lecture posted on this site somewhere. One of the quotes in the article struck me, "For many of us, his lecture has become a reminder that our own futures are similarly, if not as drastically, brief. His fate is ours, sped up."

I also recognize what Lee says as well about good people becoming good people through adversity. One of my own person comments is, "I have to learn every lesson the hard way, but I learn it." Another one is "I am the valedictorian of the School of Hard Knocks." Don't get me wrong, I am not an advocate of suffering, I just recognize my own personal growth from it. That is not to say that I wouldn't embrace the end of these life lessons, but for me, the graduation, if you will, would be eternity with our heavenly Father. (In other words, I'm quite confident that I will continue to grow through adversity until my final day)

Thanks Gerri & Lee for bringing up such a thought provoking topic.
__________________
Leslie's Sister (Lisa)
Diagnosed 5/17/06
Left breast Stage II
5 cm. Her2Neu+++, ER-, PR-
1 positive node out of six,
double mastectomy 6/9/06;
TCH started 7/12/06
last chemo 10/25/06
herceptin ended 6-11-07
Leslie's sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 11:39 AM   #2
PinkGirl
Senior Member
 
PinkGirl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Canada
Posts: 2,193
Unhappy

Thanks for that reminder Gerri. I read that book many years ago but I don't own a copy. I guess it's time for me to go to the library and re-read it.
__________________
PinkGirl

Dx Aug/05 at age 51
2cm. Stage 2A, Grade 3
ER+/PR-
Her2 +++

Sept 7/05 Mastectomy
4 FAC, 4 Taxol, no radiation
1 year of Herceptin
Tamoxifen for approx. 4 months,
Arimidex for 5 years
Prophylactic mastectomy June 22/09



" I yam what I yam." - Popeye

My Photo Album
PinkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2008, 07:37 PM   #3
Mary Jo
Senior Member
 
Mary Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sheboygan, WI
Posts: 2,582
Hi Gerri,

Thank you so much for this wonderful post. It speaks to my heart and it's how I feel as well. Sadly, bad things do happen to good people and trying to figure it out only results in more confusion and more questions.

I do know that those who I know that have had serious trials in their life.......lost their life way too young (at least we thought so) were the most positive, encouraging and giving people I've ever met. Another quality I've seen in all of them is they think of others always before themselves. Special people.......special angels??? I think so.

Well, I could go on and on but I won't. Basically just want to say thank you for sharing from your heart. I respect you for that.

God's Peace and love,,,

Mary Jo
__________________
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter