HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-17-2008, 11:25 AM   #1
janet11
Senior Member
 
janet11's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Rowlett, TX
Posts: 138
I was on TCH. When I had my 5th treatment, I nearly passed out several times a few days later. Turns out my blood pressure was very low. FYI: I was on bp meds for high blood pressure (and had been for a couple years).

I was told to go to my PCP before they'd continue chemo. I did, and he took me off my bp meds. Within a day, my bp was ok again, so I continued the chemo. FYI: I didn't go back on bp meds until 6 months after chemo ended. I was FINE during that time.

My onc didn't know why this happened either. But strange things do happen to bodies when you put all this stuff in it.
__________________
Janet in Rowlett Texas

Dx July 2006 IDC 1.8cm, ER-/PR- HER2+ (FISH 7), KI67 High (60%) grade 3, TOPO II neg
Aug2006: lumpectomy, SNB (4 nodes neg), Stage 1
Jan 2007:
Finished 6 cycles of TCH (Taxotere, Carboplatin, Her ceptin). Then Herceptin every 3 weeks.
Feb 2007: Completed Radiation
May 2007: Stopped Herceptin due to low LVEF (49%)
July 2007: LVEF now 44% -- starting Coreg
May 2008: Heart NORMAL! Yippee.
janet11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:10 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter