HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2008, 07:02 PM   #1
caya
Senior Member
 
caya's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Thornhill, Ontario Canada
Posts: 2,320
Thanks for posting this Harrie. (love your new avatar BTW!).
I started experiencing hot flashes and major night sweats almost immediately after I started taking Tamoxifen. I started Effexor 75gm. about 3 months later to combat both the "heat" and anxiety - worked like a charm for both.

Nice to know that my chance of recurrence may be less because of the flashes.

all the best
caya
__________________
ER90%+/PR 50%+/HER 2+
1.7 cm and 1.0 cm.
Stage 1, grade 2, Node Negative (16 nodes tested)
MRM Dec.18/06
3 x FEC, 3 x Taxotere
Herceptin - every 3 weeks for a year, finished May 8/08

Tamoxifen - 2 1/2 years
Femara - Jan. 1, 2010 - July 18, 2012
BRCA1/BRCA2 Negative
Dignosed 10/16/06, age 48 , premenopausal
Mild lymphedema diagnosed June 2009 - breast surgeon and lymph. therapist think it's completely reversible - hope so.
Reclast infusion January 2012
Oopherectomy October 2013
15 Years NED!!
caya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2008, 08:29 PM   #2
Mary Jo
Senior Member
 
Mary Jo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sheboygan, WI
Posts: 2,582
Hello,

I am not in the hormone receptor positive group HOWEVER I am in the hot flash club. I had MAJOR hot flashes while on chemo - like every 15 minutes 24/7 and I'm NOT kidding. It was horrid. After taxol ended so did the flashes and they've been gone till just recently again. The last 2 or 3 months they are back. Not horrid - just the "normal" pain in the butt kind that all women experience. Horrid enough BUT that's ok. The sooner they begin the sooner it can all end - I hope.

Interesting post Maryann,

Mary Jo
__________________
"Be still and know that I am God." Psalm 46:10

Dx. 6/24/05 age 45 Right Breast IDC
ER/PR. Neg., - Her2+++
RB Mast. - 7/28/05 - 4 cm. tumor
Margins clear - 1 microscopic cell 1 sent. node
No Vasucular Invasion
4 DD A/C - 4 DD Taxol & Herceptin
1 full year of Herceptin received every 3 weeks
28 rads
prophylactic Mast. 3/2/06

17 Years NED

<>< Romans 8:28
Mary Jo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 01:35 PM   #3
Gerri
Senior Member
 
Gerri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Southern California
Posts: 900
Thanks for starting this thread Harrie. I am 54 and premenopausal. I have been taking tamoxifen for almost two years now. I have not experienced unbearable hot flashes, but do have "warm moments". I am beginning to wonder (and worry) if I am in the group of poor metabolizers. I just saw my onc last Friday and she is checking my FSH levels again to see where I am. I have been experiencing more frequent "warm moments", but not more severe. I have pretty much decided that if I am not menopausal yet I am going to opt to push myself there. I just have to decide which method to use and what AI to take. With the recent news about Femara I was thinking that might be a good choice. Any suggestions?

All my best,
__________________
Gerri
Dx: 11/23/05, Lumpectomy 12/12/05
Tumor 2.2 cm, Stage II, Grade 3, Sentinel Node biopsy negative
ER+ (30%) /PR+ (50%), HER2+++
AC X 4 dose dense, Taxol X 4 dose dense
Herceptin started with 2nd Taxol, given weekly until chemo done
then given every 3 weeks for one year ending on March 16, 2007
Radiation 30 treatments
Tamoxifen - 2 yrs (pre-menopausal)
May 2008 - Feb 2012 Femara
Aug 2008 - Feb 2012 Zometa every 6 months
March 2012 - Stop Femara, now Evista for bone strengthening
**********
Enjoy the little things, for one day you may look
back and realize they were the big things.
- Robert Brault
Gerri is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:22 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter