HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-16-2008, 05:31 PM   #2
dhealey
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: moved to Lancaster, Pa in June, 2010
Posts: 576
Liz, I had my second mastectomy (prophylactic) in June of 2007. My decision was based on the fact that I tested positive for the breast cancer gene and I was diagnosised with breast cancer 10/2006. The noncancerous breast had alot of calcifications and I didn't want the cancer coming back on the other side. I also didn't have reconstruction on the first mastectomy site so I always was concious of being lopsided. I have never regreted this desicion and have not elected to have reconstruction. Now I can be any size I want. Good luck in your decision. Another great thing no more mammograms.
__________________
Debbie in North Carolina
Diag 10/2006-high grade invasive ductal carcinoma- mastectomy L breast
2.5 cm tumor ER/PR pos-Her2+++
4 rounds A/C, 4 rounds Taxol
Herceptin every 3 weeks until Jan. 2008
6/18/07 prophylatic mastectomy R breast
8/2007 started aromasin/stopped arimidex (side effects)
12/07 stopped aromasin due to side effects (now what?)
Finished herceptin 1/8/08
started tamoxifen for 2 years then will switch to femera
allergic to tamoxifen started femera 4/2008
June 20, 2008 portacath removed
Learnig to live life to the fullest!
Stopped Femera due to side effects
July 28, 2008 start trial for breast cancer vaccine
dhealey is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter