HonCode

Go Back   HER2 Support Group Forums > her2group
Register Gallery FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-14-2008, 06:55 AM   #9
Hopeful
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 3,380
Joy,

I don't think anyone here is unfamiliar with what you are describing. I am also reticent to plan more than 6 months ahead. This disease is much more about mental strength than physical endurance, something I never understood until it happened to me. Nothing is more awful than to have your future taken away. I, too, often find I am afraid to "let" myself feel too happy, because I can't bear the thought of having that happiness taken away again.

We just need to adapt to living in the moment as best we can, especially when scan and blood test times come around. Much easier said than done, but no use to start mourning in advance when you don't know what the outcome will be - it is a poor use of a perfectly good "present" (as in, "the present tense").

Best of luck to you with your upcoming scans. I'll look forward to your post letting us know how you do.

Hopeful
Hopeful is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 10:07 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2026, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Copyright HER2 Support Group 2007 - 2021
free webpage hit counter